As we mentioned in a previous post, the Welcome Screen for your app is a great tool for encouraging new app users to stay connected via notifications.
To get you started with this tool, we have provided you with a default message:
Enhance your <app name> experience with personal notifications.
We will only send you relevant messages with insider info, special deals and pertinent updates.
We encourage you to adopt, edit, and add to it so that the message is unique to you and appeals specifically to your app users.
7 Tips for Customizing Your Welcome Screen’s Message
1. Thank your patrons for downloading your app. Many patrons will visit your website on their mobile devices. Those who download your mobile app are interested enough in your work that they want to give you a presence on the most personal of their devices. It’s always a good idea to thank them for that.
2. Use special formatting to draw the user’s eye to parts of the message you wish to emphasize.
3. Affirm for your app subscriber’s that your messages will meet their wants and needs.
4. Let them know that they can customize their information and interests to tailor the notifications they will receive. It can also be reassuring to let them know that they can change their selections at any time.
5. If you have specific types of notifications you will be sending out, let them know. There are a few options listed in the default message, but feel free to include other types that apply to your app.
6. Encourage them to help you give them the most relevant notifications by answering some questions.
7. Add simple instructions for customizing notifications both now and later.
No matter how many adjustments you make to the Welcome Screen’s message, be sure to:
- Encourage app users to maintain a deep connection with you
- Assure them that you will not spam them with irrelevant messages
- Let them know that they can control which notifications they receive