Recently, InstantEncore updated our mobile package to provide an added dimension of auto-detection which helps our partners to streamline their efforts to promote their mobile apps.
Now when someone visits your standard website, it will not only detect if the visitor is coming from a mobile device, but it will also determine what type of mobile device the visitor is using.
- If the mobile visitor is using an Android or Apple device, they will be presented with a screen which gives them with two choices: (1) download the app, or (2) continue to the mobile website.
- If the mobile visitor is using any other type of mobile device, they will be taken directly to the mobile website.
- Log into your InstantEncore account
- Select “Manage Mobile”
- Go to “Mobile Web Setup” in the menu on the left
- Copy the snippet of code provided in the area marked “Set up your website to recognize mobile devices”
- Paste this code into <head></head> area of your website’s HTML code
(…or have your trusty website manager do it for you.)